Associate Product Manager - Urethane Systems
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Wyandotte, MI, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1704124
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This position will provide business support within the product management group of Performance Materials North America. This role will support urethane systems, and will be responsible for, but not limited to, supporting function for product managers, leading projects, and interacting with key business stakeholders to drive change.
Associate Product Manager – Urethane Systems (1704124) – Wyandotte, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Utilize strong application and data-mining skills to develop sustainable tools for standard reporting, and maintaining reference documents with a strong focus on accuracy of data.
- Perform costing and raw material development tracking.
- Support management of dysfunctional inventory for proper disposition actions.
- Lead process standardization projects.
- Support complexity management and asset management activities.
- Coordinate with supply chain management, customer care, operations, and other functions to drive key business initiatives.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Supply Chain, Marketing, or a business related-discipline with at least 2 years of experience; advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience in chemical industry or related field strongly preferred.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to lead a cross-functional team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound ability to drive change through influence.
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, and attention to detail.
- MRP/ERP experience required. SAP strongly preferred.
- Database/Access experience preferred.
- Strong Excel skills; particularly with pivot tables, queries, and macros.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Manager, Management, Customer Service