Technology Manager, New Business Development Asia Pacific
Job Field: Business Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25186
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Great China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Manage technology solutions development & research project for projects/industries identified by scout/New Business Development (NBD) team, and for internal start-ups such as Haptics and Consumer Electronics.
- Manage all key capabilities enabling high development and business performance, including but not limited to technology roadmap, labs, equipment, production, raw material sourcing, tests and quality, team performance, budgets, EHS.
- Manage technology development regionally in coordination with global NBD units in order to develop short and long term attractive and innovative solutions for NBD projects, start-ups and consumer electronics as part of the long term NBD & 3C market penetration strategies.
- Manage the overall technology development roadmap (including Consumer Electronics) and utilize experts from within BASF Coatings globally to gain insights in new technology development and leap-frog the technical development.
- Manage the labs, lab planning, lab schedules, EHS standards and EHS initiatives, improvements, general quality and capabilities together with the lab team.
- Manage production together with tolling partner, including review meetings, staff trainings, production parameters and guidelines, quality control of incoming and outgoing products.
- Accountability to identify new business opportunities for coating department with new/adapted products and technologies; systematic screening of technologies, manage technical feasibility studies of new ideas, monitor competitors, industry needs and pain points.
- Drive collaboration network synergies within BASF, institutes, customers etc.
- Plan, initiate, manage and document NBD projects within the framework of Phase Gate including securing know-how through IP.
- Support the preparation of business cases for these solutions
- Support and adapt new products/process changes through customer interaction and continuous improvement of known limitations
- Responsible for technology budget planning, CapEx planning and cost control
- Master or higher degree in Chemistry
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the coatings industry Experience with paint formulation, paint application, lab management and paint production.
- Good team player with strong analytical skills
- Creative and open-minded
- Excellent communication skill in verbal and written English is a must. German and other Asian languages are an added benefit
Job Segment: Manager, Management