Manager, Technology Asia Pacific-Hydrogenation and Specialty Catalyst
Job Field: Product Management
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25152
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Identify opportunities and convert them into business through technical dialogue with customers and selling value of BASF technology
- Provide technical consulting and support to customers (choose the right catalyst and/or technology) including troubleshooting, in alignment with Commercial Account Manager
- Provide technical proposal / quotation to the customer in consultation with technical marketing and in alignment with Commercial Account Manager
- Develop performance warranty offer (where applicable) including price proposal in alignment with Global Marketing Manager.
- Build and grow position as technology leader by increasing understanding of customers processes and operating conditions as well as competitive developments - document respective findings
- Identify new applications for product portfolio and provide market/Customer driven ideas for incremental innovations
- Drive the opportunity management process internally (lead generation and qualification, solution development)
- Manage product claims within the non-conformance management system
- Provide catalyst loading and start-up supervision and recommendations for catalyst operation during the catalyst life cycle.
- Education: PhD in chemistry or Master in chemical engineering
- Working Experience: Min. 3 years of technical experience in the field of chemical catalysts and processes
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Experience with customer interaction; Good communication skills, team player able to work across organizational boundaries
Job Segment: Manager, Management