Manager, Technical Business Development
Job Field: Business Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_21599
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives:
- Responsible to develop specific business /application opportunities for PPA products and provide technical support / service in all matters related to PPA in Asia with focus on China/Taiwan.
- Identifies and develops regional PPA business opportunities based on a deep market & product understanding in the various targeted applications
- Provides technical customer service related to PPA: handles technical questions, gives processing support, organizes & participates in technical discussions/seminars with customers, supports product sampling & customer trials
- Identifies, initiates and leads projects for new PPA product development according to customer requirements and market needs in close cooperation with Product Developer
- Supports to multiply successfully commercialized applications to other regions globally
- Provides input towards HTPA roadmap from an industry perspective. Provides information about business potential (volume, price), product performance, potential customers, customer needs, application examples etc
- Participates physically in injection molding trials (adjusting injection molding machine’s processing parameters) at customer’s place.
- Liaises and aligns with existing sales and marketing teams of the industries- creates awareness on product line and sales pitch.
- Acts as PPA product expert and secures knowledge transfer to relevant colleagues.
- Min Bachelor Degree in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Min. 10 years’ related experience in technical roles (technical development, marketing, application service etc.) from chemicals industry handling PPA products.
- Expert knowledge in PPA products: specific product properties, cost performance ratio, product differentiation, processing technology incl. simulation and mold design, structure property relationship.
- Deep business/industry knowledge related to PPA: industry/application overview, market size, customer landscape, application requirements, competitor landscape incl. product portfolio, and price levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all relevant stakeholders across the company in Asia, to all relevant customers.
- Has Culture Competency to adapt to different and diverse Asian culture.