Manager, New Market Development Asia Pacific (Project Management)
Job Field: Business Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_22346
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
Objectives: Responsible for identifying new business opportunities across all industries of Performance material division in Asia pacific region. Responsible for the realization of new businesses through successful project management.Interacts with both internal BASF resources and external customers to develop target market and customized solution. Leads BU (Performance Materials) digitalization initiative in Asia pacific by identification, consolidation and initiation of digital innovation projects. Main Task:
- Identifies industry trends, market & customer needs that are relevant for Performance Materials business unit in Asia.
- Translates market trends and customers’ needs into specific business opportunities for PM.
- Manages & executes projects plans necessary to develop and commercialize New Market Development (NMD) projects.
- Defines project specific time-to-market drivers including customer & market requirements, R&D activity, capital needs, new business models, etc. Defines and communicates the project plan for NMD projects.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure project plan and milestones are achieved.
- Interacts with targeted customers to develop customized solutions, sell the value proposition of PM new solutions, and influence the initial buying decision
- Identifies and procures resources required for project execution.
- Develops and evaluates new business models.
- Coordinates the project transition from NMD to Business Management with Industrial Segment.
- Initiates, leads and drives digitalization innovation projects for PM.
- Develops digitalization roadmap for PM Asia in close cooperation with global digitalization team.
- Develops and provides marketing & communication material about focused projects to all relevant stakeholders.
- Hold an advanced degree (Master/PhD) in science, engineering or business.
- Min. 6 years working experience with 3 years in technical field and 3 years in business development field.
- Min 3 years BASF working experience (preferred). Deep business understanding on Performance Materials.
- Excellent technical and business background to evaluate the technological soundness and maturity of new opportunities with digital technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open-minded with strong ability to form and lead cross functional, cross regional teams.
- Fast decision making in new fields full of uncertainties, clear prioritization, effective stakeholder management, and the ability to rapidly build an international network.
- On personal level, demonstrate goal-oriented and innovative thinking which helps to always strive to advance sustainable solutions.
Job Segment: Manager, Business Manager, Management