Manager, Business Development Asia Pacific
Job Field: Business Development
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24784
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Objectives of the Position
The Business Development Manager - Clean Air is responsible to drive accelerated commercialization of products and services in the aerospace and consumer electronics industries in Asia Pacific region, with an emphasis in Greater China. This position reports to Senior Manager, Regional Business Management, and will assume the following responsibilities:
1) Establish local presence to grow our business in Aircraft Ozone and Ozone/VOC converter products and their after-market services.
2) Grow sales of air cleaning catalysts and materials for indoor air quality improvements.
1. For the Aerospace ozone converter market:
1) Identify, develop, and maintain relationships with Asia based airlines for MRO services of BASF’s ozone and ozone/VOC converters. Establish solid relationships with customers, fostering an understanding of their business needs and offering BASF solutions.
2) Grow Sales in after-market MRO services
3) Technical Sales to articulate value of BASF MRO services. Visit and sell BASF products and services to existing and potential accounts. Make presentations at local industry trade shows and events as appropriate.
4) Drive order fulfillment process by close coordination with US based team members
5) Resolve customer issues, coordinating with others as appropriate, to develop and implement corrective action plans.
6) Provide strategic input on long-term expansion of the business.
2. For the Indoor Air Quality market:
1) Lead the market introduction of new air-cleaning technologies specifically tailored to regional needs in a wide range of indoor air quality market segments, including both residential and commercial segments. Partners with appropriate external and internal stakeholders to identify, evaluate and develop new applications and drive them to successful commercialization.
2) Conducts the appropriate collection, analysis and interpretation of data and information as it relates to competitive analysis, market intelligence, consumer trends, regulatory activities, and benchmarking activities.
3) Responsible for achieving regional sales targets in Indoor Air Quality market
4) Establishes and maintains relationships with key influencers as well as key external stakeholders and partners.
5) Identifies, develops, validates, and recommends business proposals for growth opportunities via R&D, product / technology licensing, and/or strategic alliances
6) Work closely with R&D and Marketing in ensure a positive customer experience throughout new product introduction process
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
· Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. MBA or equivalent is a plus
· Working Experience:
1) Minimum of 8 years of combined experience in business development, sales, marketing, or technical services; demonstrated ability to identity business opportunities and develop business plans and commercial strategies.
2) Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably in one of the relevant industries segments such as aerospace/aviation, consumer electronics, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC). Experience and familiarity with air pollution control technologies is a plus.
3) Prior experience in environmental control technologies is considered an asset. Previous experience related to engineered products is also desired.
4) Prior experience selling services (aftermarket/maintenance/data) is also considered an asset.
· Technical & Professional Knowledge:
1) High level of intellectual curiosity; demonstrated strength in creating and adapting to new things of all kinds.
2) Professional, self-motivated individual with excellent communications skills, problem solving capabilities, project planning experience and familiarity with servicing customers.
3) Proven ability to organize and meet customer requirements, capable to setting priorities and handling difficult customer relationship situations.
4) Must be willing and able to travel over 30% of the time, both within Asia and globally.
5) Demonstrated ability to conduct, understand and interpret significant economic, financial data and feasibility studies.
Job Segment: Law, Business Manager, Manager, MBA, Legal, Management