Assistant Manager,Sales (Pharmaceutical ingredients)
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24184
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
Objectives:To plan and direct sales activities in assigned region(s) in order to achieve agreed, sales volume, pricing and selling costs objectives of ENP China by implementing overall sales strategy, applying organisational, customer and technical knowledge
Business development and customer management
- Plan, lead and implement selling activities to achieve sales targets by calling and visiting existing/prospective customers to identify & understand their needs & to create a long-term customer supplier relationship.
- Develop proposal on sales& marketing strategies and co-ordinate with technical to offer solutions to customers and ensure account strategies are exploited consistently
- Research, identify and develop existing and potential customer portfolio
- Further secure business opportunities by identifying customer needs in terms of product application, services requirements, buying cycles, delivery schedules and pricing structure within the appropriate business segment, including necessary information provided to other functions, e.g. credit control, logistic, customer services.
Contract and payment receivable management
- Conclude sales contracts by coordinating the personnel of customer services, logistics and inventory control.
- Provide customer credit information for company credit control function, ensure timely payment of receivables to meet established sales targets and revenue goals.
Support for sales forecasting and planning
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of industry trends, technical development, market activities and industry intelligence to help define the marketability of products and report to supervisor identified trends that could affect targets.
- Collect customer data/ information/ feedback/ expectations prepare for presentation/ seminars/ workshops to promote the products and services
- Monitor, analyze, assess and communicate monthly sales data to supervisor and propose product / service planning, revision of strategies, identify business opportunities, pinpoint problem areas and provide solutions.
Contribute to pricing policy
- Implement the defined pricing policies.
- Provide inputs on pricing structure according to market intelligence on price trends, consumption analysis, sales terms and conditions, customer profiles to ensure profitable margins.
- Establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends of APIs , the competition, the supply & demand situation in order to support identifying new business opportunities.
- Conduct market research projects on API & Excipients to develop benchmarking analyses on competitors’ positioning and the performance of their competitive products.
- Education: Master degree or above, Pharmaceutical related background is preferred
- Experience: 5 years experience pharmaceutical product sales in east China
- Specific knowledge : Professional selling skills , Good pharmaceutical industrial knowledge, Good command of written and spoken English
- Business understanding: Understand pharmaceutical excipient market and needs of customers.
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management