Assistant Manager, Product Management (Construction Materials)
Job Field: Marketing
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_23856
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- This position assists PM to manage all aspects of assigned product segment (for all product within his/her segment(s) of responsibility) during its life-cycle
- Works closely with local sales teams to propose both current and future product offerings that are required to be successful in the various industry sectors.
- Interfaces with Technical to ensure that the appropriate product portfolio is available, technically good.
- Support and ensure maximum profitability of products from different industry and application segments
- Support sales team on big projects, key accounts
- Liaison with industry associations and experts to build industry network
- Assist PM to manage Product Portfolio for the assigned Product Group
- Assess the market product needs, position product portfolio against competitor benchmark
- Trigger Product Development projects with approval from PM to fill portfolio gaps and for future innovative product offerings
- In cooperation with Technical Service department, arrange trainings of sales staff on products and application know-how.
- Prepare product TDS and maintain product data in system (see attachment)
- With guidance from Purchasing Department the incumbent ensures best cost position for the raw materials, packaging, and warehousing (leverage BASF key competence)
- Set up price lists with guidance from PM for related segment & work closely with Sales and Industry managers on limit prices
- Provide necessary suggestion to Demand Planner on abnormal product forecasting and planning as requested
- Support sales team for key projects/accounts especially for technical seminars/discussions
- Closely monitor market trend and competition development, to ensure proper actions are taken internally to maintain competitive strengthens
- Cooperate with product manager on the internal training and customer seminar & exhibition.
- Lobby and participate association work in the industry - advocacy
- Education: min Bachelor Degree, in Civil Engineering or Marketing is a plus
- Working Experience: minimum 2 years working experience in related business
- Technical & Professional knowledge: Marketing background, develop business plan and implementation; technical knowledge/background on the products in the related segments
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management