Assistant Manager, Market Development China, Polyamide
Job Field: Marketing
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_24911
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Technical services and market development of Ultramid® extrusion grades in China
- Technical service to help customers to convert Ultramid® grades smoothly
- Handles sampling and qualification of Ultramid® extrusion grades in responsible country.
- Trouble shooting and technical investigation with customers.
- New application developments involving profitable Ultramid® grades, especially high viscosity Polyamide and Polyamide copolymer.
- Monitors industry trends and gives input for new product development.
- Internal technical training to sales and marketing team.
- Supports to exhibition, symposium, brochure & leaflet, …etc market development activities.
- Bachelor in polymers or materials engineering.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in polymer industry, experience of packaging converting is preferred.
- Well understanding of polymer technology
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experienced in polymer processing and converting
- Able to identify, breakdown and solve a variety of difficult technical problems
- Proven ability to work independently with a minimum of supervisor input.
- Able to travel frequently
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management, Bilingual