Assistant Manager, Direct Sales for MSO (Refinish Coatings)
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Shanghai, CN, 200000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_22622
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
Objectives: The person is responsible for the development and performance of the key accounts in the assigned market in car refinish coating industry. He/she shall work with the sales manager to ensure the sales team to achieve the maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values and establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area.
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations on the key accounts especially MSO (Multi-Shop Operator), franchise shop, the existing CB (Central Billing) projects, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals, sales plans and profit targets.
- Participate in development of long range sales planning and growth strategies especially Key accounts in the region.
- Participate in selling to key accounts as needed.
- Increasing market share in existing accounts and maximize new business development opportunities.
- Develop, review and report on the business development division’s KAM (Key Account Management) strategy in line with SAM (Strategic Account Management), ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the regional team.
- Visit selected MSO (Multi-Shop Operator), franchise shops and Central Purchase customers and recommend some efficient business growth strategies which would help the company retain customer and increase sales and augment any business competition.
- Prepare the RFQ (request for quotation) for the possible tenders from Multi-Shop Operator and Franchise shop and lead the team to win the final Central Billing contract.
- Determining the needs of these particular customers (MSO, franchise shops and Central Purchase customers)
- Ensure strong Key customer relationships are established. Maintain ongoing contacts with Key accounts and consider these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Develop and maintain the relationship with the regional management of OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer). Direct the sales team to select the qualified service provider for the CB project.
- Monitor the implementation of CB (Central Billing) project on the region and consolidate the on-going data for the analysis. Collect the information about possible CB (Central Billing) projects from the market
- Education: Bachelor and above.
- Working Experience: above 10 years’ experience in car refinishes industry, including at least 8 years sales experience and 5 years key account sales experience with the solid data. Technical background are preferred.
- Familiar with car refinish industry/ products; have the resources on MSO (Multi-Shop Operator) or OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer).
- Good knowledge in business and market environment in China. Good communication, supervision, negotiation and selling skill.
- Prefer good English
Job Segment: Assistant Manager, Manager, Management