Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Seoul, KR
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_KR_25523
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Korea since 1954, and is today one of Korea's top ten chemical companies. BASF Company Ltd. provides a broad portfolio in Korea from four business units – Chemicals, Specialties, Polyurethanes and Thermoplastics – and has six world-scale production sites in Yeosu, Ulsan, Gunsan and Ansan. BASF also has an application technology center in Daejeon, a coatings technical center in Ansan, a technical service center in Shiheung and the Asia Pacific headquarters of BASF’s Electronic Materials business is located in Seoul.
1.Business development and customer management
- Plan how to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets for each assigned account by calling and visiting existing/perspective customers to understand and identify their needs to create a long-term customer supplier relationship.
- Coordinate and work with technical/customer services/ logistic personnel to solve customer’s complaints.
- Identify and attract new customers, pursue new applications, and interact with corresponding process and product developers of the potential customers, leading to profitable future business
- Develop lasting customer relationships to identify business trends in and beyond the customer scope or respective portfolio
2. Support for sales performance/strategy
- Establish the sales target & medium forecast and providing the basic figures to team head for budgeting and target achievement
- Develop sales project pipeline through partnership with Regional / Global team
- To support and follow up a quality technical service to customers in order to support unit objective achievement in sales target with logistics personnel where necessary, assistance in product promotion
3. Contract and payment receivable management
- Coordinate the personnel of customer services, logistics and inventory control to support the delivery of contracts. Update a database of customer creditability according to BASF credit policy
4. Market intelligence
- Collect and initially analyze data for market research project to develop competitor grid and benchmarking on competitors’ positioning and the performance of their competitive products
- Provide timely report to supervisor / Local business management
Education & Qualification
- University graduate with a B.S. or Master degree of Animal nutrition or Bio-science majors
- Above 5 years in Job experience with high sales & communication skill in animal nutrition or bio-science industry including deep knowledge for sales, customer handling and understanding for chemical process engineering deeply
- Good understanding on relevant industry / application as well as product knowledge
- Good understanding of basic marketing concept and trade business
- Command of English for both writing and speaking
Job Segment: Business Manager, Management