Sr. Sales Representative - Admixtures - N. Virginia
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Richmond, VA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1702898
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… We are currently looking for a passionate Sales Representative to position our brand as the best choice for construction projects, helping customers meet their construction challenges through promoting our products and increasing product mix optimization. Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge in order to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships. Sr. Sales Representative - Admixtures - N. Virginia (1702898) You will be responsible for selling unsold business and providing support to existing customers including new product initiation, technical sales and testing. You will sustain customer relationships and support newly acquired accounts. You will work with Technicians to maintain, install, and monitor dispenser equipment and to implement and comply with Company initiatives, policies, and procedures. Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead product upsell, product mix optimization, new product introductions, and increasing revenue through assigned existing accounts.
- Manage basic technical support to existing customers through mix design, troubleshooting and Field QA/QC.
- Perform dispenser repair, maintenance, install and recovery.
- Support new product initiation, technical sales and testing for new customers.
- Maintain customer relationships at assigned accounts.
- Maintain active membership in local industry organizations.
- Manage integration and support of newly acquired accounts.
- Inform appropriate organizational function of competitor and market intelligence.
- Process safety roles and responsibilities across the organization are clearly-defined and include an expectation to raise, and authority to respond to process safety concerns. Senior leaders are held accountable for process safety performance. Employees understand the importance of process safety as it applies to their jobs and are responsible for following and contributing to the work processes to achieve improvement in company process safety performance.
- Assure standards of safety, environmental, team and individual performance are met in a high performance team-based organization.
- Address and raise the EHS (Safety) standards at BASF.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1+ years of experience OR Associate’s Degree and minimum of 3+ years of experience OR High School Diploma/Equivalent and minimum of 8+ years of experience is required.
- Passion for technical knowledge & learning.
- Entrepreneurial drive is a key attribute for this role.
- Prior concrete and/or construction industry experience preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Experience with concrete Quality Assurance/Quality Control a plus.
- Must have a valid Driver License, and be able to drive for extended periods of time.
Nearest Major Market: Richmond