Global Key Account Manager, Specialty Products - Research Triangle Park, NC
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703742
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… We are BASF, the world's largest chemical company and the leader in sustainable Agricultural Specialty Products Solutions. BASF is The Chemical Company focused on global challenges of today and the future. Our people change the world each and every day and we're working hard to build the best Agricultural Specialty Products Solutions team in the world. Global Key Account Manager, Specialty Products (1703742) – Research Triangle Park, NC Formula for Success: You Will…
- Define “to be” organization of the dedicated Global Key Account management approach for Professional and Specialty Services (P&SS).
- Fully understand and implement the core strategy (strategic direction) of the Global Business Management of the Specialty Products business unit with selected Global Key accounts and organizations.
- Lead the P&SS GKAM approach to key accounts. Define and lead the execution/implementation.
- Lead the implementation of key customer initiatives in R&D.
- Develop strategies to optimize and safeguard the current business, including defining the best-suited customer strategies to execute, in close sync with main interfaces in the regional business and global functional units.
- Work with the operations team to develop asset and operations strategy in line with business growth expectations.
- Participate on the global Professional and Specialty Solutions leadership team in definition of business excellence, innovation, talent development, and sustainability initiatives.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- We will look to you to successfully leverage your previous leadership experience in working with customers across the globe.
- Your strong strategic planning and optimization capabilities, which includes a proven track record of building strategic relationships with targeted customers is imperative.
- You have a strong sales and marketing background, with a track record of working collaboratively to identify opportunities.
- Your demonstrated track record of working with customers and internal team members will serve you well as you bring ideas to life.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh
Job Segment: Manager, Performance Management, Business Manager, Management, Human Resources