Ag Professional Development Program Internship – US Crop Protection Agricultural Chemical Sales -
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN_US_1702444
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
BASF's Professional Development Programs (PDPs) were created to provide highly motivated, mobile-minded current university students an opportunity to enhance their professional skills through a variety of diverse learning experiences. Participants will contribute to real-world rotational assignments within different domestic locations. They will explore career options and develop technical and professional decision-making skills, while fulfilling specific business needs. Participants also have the opportunity to assess their capabilities, skills, and interests and gain valuable exposure to BASF's culture, values, and decision-makers.
Ag Professional Development Program Internship – US Crop Protection Agricultural Chemical Sales - Summer 2018
At BASF, we are creating chemistry for a sustainable future. Our innovative products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, advancing global food science, and improving quality of life.
Combining economic success, social responsibility, and environmental safety, we empower our customers across industries to meet the current and future needs of society.
We are seeking highly motivated, mobile-minded, students ready to take their careers to the next level. Our rotational programs combine hands-on experience with unparalleled networking opportunities designed to accelerate your career development at BASF.
Explore your sense of adventure! Build your professional network! Engage your passion for challenge! Apply for the BASF U.S. Crop Protection Professional Development Program today!
Formula for Success: You Will…
The US Crop Protection Internship program provides students with real-life experience interacting with retailers and growers. Working with a field-based mentor, interns will learn and utilize sales techniques that will allow them to fully explore and understand what is on a customer’s mind, and how they make the best decisions to get the most from every acre. Interns will learn about BASF products and will position them with retailers and growers to ensure maximum yield, decreased risk, and increased operating efficiency.
The internship is a field based position that will report to the Manager, Sales and Marketing Effectiveness. Positions are available in several states supporting our field-based roles including Business Representative, Technical Service Representatives and Innovation Specialists. Positions and geographies vary so flexibility is critical.
Goals and Objectives
The goals of the chemical sales internship are to:
- Develop an understanding of BASF products, production practices and product placement.
- Discover how BASF positions its products against its competitors to ensure successful sales.
- Develop relationships with growers and retailers to understand their business models and business objectives to add value to their business.
- Learn the sales process and Challenger selling skills and employ them to implement effective demand creation strategies.
- Conduct effective service calls that add value to the customer’s business.
- Develop an understanding of effective organizational skills required in a sales role.
- Actively support the Sales Team to achieve market goals.
- Complete an assigned internship project.
- Develop an understanding of BASF sales roles, core values, and culture.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Please visit this link to see where BASF will be recruiting On Campus this fall: https://basf.avature.net/events
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program, as a rising sophomore, junior, or senior, at an accredited college or university; agricultural major course of study or background preferred.
- Demonstrated academic achievement (Minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Commitment to relocate anywhere in the U.S. for potential future development opportunities.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Valid driver’s license to meet travel requirements to customer and job-related functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic
- Agility/Leadership potential
- Active participation in extracurricular activities and on-campus organizations.
- Knowledge of agricultural terminology and nomenclature.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers.
- Able to apply active listening skills demonstrating critical judgment, empathy, and openness; communicate in a trustworthy manner with self-confidence and authenticity; and adapt communication style to take different perspectives into account
- Contribute to the team’s work to jointly reach goals; think and act in collaboration with other team members.
- Take ownership and show persistence to achieve results and to exceed expectations; handle obstacles in a calm and assertive way
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Nearest Major Market: Durham
Nearest Secondary Market: Raleigh