Technical Sales Rep, Paper Chemicals
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703475
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… BASF is the world’s leading supplier of chemicals to the paper and board industry. Our innovative solutions help papermakers deliver top quality and increase productivity while reducing total cost of operation. BASF’s value-adding portfolio of paper chemicals goes into every stage of manufacturing. From process chemicals that optimize costs and increase machine efficiency through functional chemicals that lend specific properties – all the way to coating chemicals that improve the appearance and performance of finished paper and board. Our customers operate in highly competitive markets. To help them differentiate now and in the future, we are committed to innovation – in products, applications, and services. We invest a significant portion of sales in R&D. We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative who will manage BASF Paper Chemicals business and relationships with defined regional and/or key account customer(s). The incumbent will also be required to meet yearly targets for the area by generating new sales and maximizing existing account opportunities. This sales position is a “hunting” role, not a “farming” role. The Paper Chemicals business is in Charlotte, NC, but this role will be in the TX/LA/AR region. Technical Sales Representative, Paper Chemicals (1703475) – Charlotte, NC Formula for Success: You Will…
- Sell BASF Paper Chemical product offerings to Pulp & Paper Industry customers with an emphasis on identifying and closing new business with new customers.
- Provide effective communication to business management groups, business support groups, and technical teams.
- Develop and facilitate relationships with customers at all levels within an organization.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Adhere to BASF safety, health, and environmental guidelines.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, Paper Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales or technical experience in the Pulp & Paper industry.
- Strong background in papermaking, wet end chemistry, paperboard, newsprint, or fine paper production.
- Must possess a strong initiative, be results-oriented, and have excellent influencing/impacting skills. Adept at building strong relationships with multiple functions, both inside and outside the company.
- High entrepreneurial drive and a passion to succeed in this environment.
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of chemical processes, products, and markets related to the Paper & Packaging Industry is required. In addition, technical expertise is needed to properly introduce, sell, service, and assist customers in the use of BASF products.
- Exposure to or application knowledge of functional chemicals, process chemicals, and dry strength additives is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and process problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate with high skill level in Microsoft products (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Clear track record of high achievement.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Business Manager, Management