Head- Specification Selling
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Navi Mumbai - HO (Turbhe), IN
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_IN_25457
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF shares a rich history with India spanning more than a century. With our vast knowledge in the field of chemistry, we manufacture high-quality, innovative products that cater to a wide range of industries. BASF in India has 9 production sites, 2 R&D centers and more than 2,000 employees and is well positioned to meet the current and future needs of the ever-growing Indian market. Objectives
- Lead the sales development team and develop /maintain strategic long-term business relationships with major influencers and key accounts (all decision-makers) to promote brand value
- Develop, monitor and implement sales-develop strategy including seamless communication from prospect-tendering to winning the business with collaboration within sales development, key account and sales teams
- Facilitate and influence cross Business Unit information exchange, identify growth potential by customer across Business Units, creating value-adding product/solution packages, leveraging to a maximum BASF product usage.
- Drive Specification selling to convert to direct sales on a mid to long term basis with international / national / regional consultants.
Main Tasks Account Management:
- Develop and Implement strategies to penetrate untapped market segments in line with Global and Regional Business segment strategies.
- Continuously increase market intelligence and update customer and competitor data and apply the overall sales process, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Take ownership of the account, including the development and execution of the account strategy, and ensure alignment with business unit key account strategy.
- Oversee the establishment of a database and the processes to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/technology, the service needs, intelligence on competitors, etc in order to identify new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement specification selling tools based on sector approach and support sales with necessary tools
- Demonstrate professional and/or disciplinary leadership of employees, motivation and coaching of sales teams, including management of virtual teams.
- Work closely with Technical Service team to ensure development of applicators for installation, defect free installations, effective resolution of product complaints, product training to customers, maintaining up to date working knowledge of new application technologies.
- Consistently and continuously exhibit safe behaviour at driving, project sites, offices and for self and others
Education: Civil Engineering graduate with Management Graduate in Marketing Experience: > 10 years in Business to Business Sales/Marketing of Building Materials with at least 3 years’ experience of leading team Technical and Professional Knowledge: as above