Architectural and Construction Specialist - Bilingual
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1703696
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
This role is pivotal in helping to support strategic growth and to drive new business for polyurethane systems, via specifications from the architects and construction solutions via builders.
Architectural and Construction Specialist
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Facilitate Lunch and Learn sessions for the professionals e.g. architects, Building inspectors, engineers, builders and this across the Province of Quebec.
- From these L & L sessions, find and track projects and refer them to the spray contractors located in the Province of Quebec and this, to be sure that they will use our WALLTITE® Air Barrier System, HP+™ walls or any other construction solutions proposed by BASF.
- The incumbent, from his construction expertise, is to propose to the residential and commercial builders to use our High Performance Walls HP+™ or other construction solutions.
- The incumbent is also to train our Sales Representative and our Field Trainers about the WALLTITE® Air Barrier System and HP+™ walls and must be able to transfer his knowledge to them.
- The incumbent must also have a keen view of the market environment, including general trends impacting the construction business and competitive landscape dynamics and to share these with the Marketing Manager.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· An architectural or engineering degree or a minimum of 15 years in the construction business dealing with architects, engineers or builders and also specialized in doing the specifications with these professionals.
· Must be able to work with a minimum supervision
· Keen understanding of the building construction industry.
· Deep knowledge of construction (commercial, industrial, institutional and residential) and National Building Codes and Standards and capable to read construction blue print (plan) and able to do the takeoff.
· Must be able to work on job sites to coach the framers / builders on how to build with our HP+™ walls.
· The position requires superior interpersonal skills especially the ability to influence as well as creative problem solving, analytics, and collaborate effectively across functions.
· Strong leadership, organizational, communication and analytical skills
· Highly motivated self-starter with team orientation
· Ability to organize and effectively manage his time.
· Well organized to make follow-up and track projects
· Proven technical thinking skills and ability to understand technical construction processes
· Effective selling and negotiating skills (a 3 to 5 years in sales would be an asset)
· Bilingual (English / French) is a must
Job Segment: Bilingual