Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1704099
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2017.
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Market Manager is focused on developing mid to long-term portfolio strategies for the Canadian Row Crop Fungicide markets. These strategies focus on optimizing profitability for BASF, identifying growth opportunities, and providing customer needs based solutions.
Market Manager (1704099) – Mississauga, Ontario, CN
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Contribute to the development of a cross-portfolio plan related to licensing negotiations and supply agreements for Canada, as well as the life cycle management responsibility (long range plan and post patent strategies) for Row Crop Fungicides.
- Provide input and leadership for his indication on commercial issues such as market letters, incentive programming, and overall market strategies.
- Coordinate Canola and Cereal Crop plans and mentoring of the Canola Crop Manager, Cereal Crop Manager, and Canola and Cereal Associate Manager
- Ensure effective translation of portfolio strategy into the best way to market and customers, combining long-term plans with short-term financial targets.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree in Business preferred, or an equivalent combination of training work experience.
· A minimum of 3 years in a brand- or crop-equivalent management responsibility, preferably within the agricultural industry. Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to reach set objectives in past job roles.
· Strong analytical skills, communicate effectively in both written and oral forms, excellent strategic and critical thinking and effective management skills, and has proven leadership skills.
· Sound understanding of marketing, sales and accounting principles, as well as an understanding of general agronomy, growers, and distributors for the crop protection industry.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.
Job Segment: Manager, Patent, Management, Legal
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: