Sales,dispersions and Pigments
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Minato, JP
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_JP_25095
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF started doing business in Japan in 1888. Activities cover four business segments including chemicals, performance products, functional materials & solutions and agricultural solutions. BASF maintains a strong research and development presence in Japan including the Yokohama Innovation Center (engineering plastics) and the Research and Development Laboratory and Application Technology Center for Battery Materials in Amagasaki.
Objectives of the Position
Responsible for local business development (sales or / and marketing) for Additives and Resins in industries such as Paint & Coating, Printing & Packaging, including costs management efficiently, updating market intelligence and customer relationship management, and people management as well as its development for sustainable organization and business operation.
- Business strategy and mid-long term sales planning
- Implement business strategies for products, customers, segments and channels according to those strategies which should have been developed by BD and set priorities with milestones (sales pipeline, market shares, channel mgmt. profit mgmt. and services optimization) for the mid-long term business planning for responsible sales team by assisting Senior Manager with his / her expertise (level to influence BD and Sales Senior Manager)
- Operational planning and its implementation
- Make annual operational planning with KPI (sales, cCM1, fixed costs, discretionally costs and EBIT, etc.) in line with mid-long term strategy. Set up respective target for products, customers, costs, projects and implement them accordingly
- Market intelligence
Monitor market & technology trend and competitors’ activity occasionally to update market intelligence for strategy development, business planning and investment plan for BD team.
- Channel management
Develop distributor management concept together with BD team to make sure clear role and responsibility in between distributor & us, and assess distributors’ performance (KPI) and services level to foster business development with costs effective and profit management.
- Customer relationship management
Establish good and stronger relationship with core business partners and key accounts as well as making network to the key people in these companies and respective strategic industries. Identify the market needs and customers’ requirements to offer best solutions in order to make us differentiate ourselves with value proposition from competitors
- Credit and cost management
Conclude sales contract teams & condition according to company credit policy and check customer financial status regularly to update credit limit. Monitor cost development and control spending to meet the target.
- People management and development
Manpower planning and succession planning to make sales organization in sustainable way. People management in professional way with discipline manner. Coach and support other team members subordinates to develop career path and skillset throughout OJT and employee dialogue or in-house and/or external training programs
- Contribute X-BU CT and IT activity
Minimum Education and Qualification Required for the Position
• Education: University bachelar degree
• Working Experience: At least 10 years (Sales or Marketing >5 years, Leadership position >2 years
• Skillset (Presentation, Fluent communication in English, Meeting facilitation, Computer)
Job Segment: Relationship Manager, Customer Service