Business Development Manager Pigments for Plastics (m/f)
Job Field: Marketing
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF Colors & Effects GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN55844087_ONLE_6
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We put things in color.
BASF Colors & Effects GmbH in Ludwigshafen is part of the Dispersions & Pigments division and is a leading manufacturer of colored and effect pigments for the paint and coatings industry, the plastics sector and applications in packaging, agriculture and cosmetics.
What you can expect
For our Global Industry Marketing group Pigments for Plastics you will act as Business Development Manager, driving our future business growth by defining and leading scouting strategies and activities.
- In close cooperation with BASF partners, pigment R&D and Marketing colleagues, you will identify business and technology needs at the forefront of industry megatrends.
- Further, you will actively drive new product development activities and finally introduce them to our customers within the industry.
- You will access the entire value chain of the assigned plastics processing industry from polymer compounding down to OEM or brand owners.
- You will be responsible for the global coordination of the innovation process and the timely implementation of innovation projects.
- Together with our laboratories, you will additionally support customers in solving their technical challenges and in developing their business and solutions for their industry.
- You will position our products in target industries, leveraging their selling edge at customers.
What we expect
- You have a university degree in chemistry or in plastics technology or a comparable background preferably complemented by a Business Administration degree.
- Ideally, you have been employed in the plastic processing and compounding industry or pigments industry for several years.
- In your former functions, you have demonstrated strong customer focus and ability to successfully scout for new opportunities and take accountability to swiftly make things happen in an entrepreneurial manner.
- You have proven records of pushing forward projects in a multi-functional team and at customers.
- You possess excellent communication skills in English and German and provide useful coaching and guidance to colleagues.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.