Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Jakarta Raya, ID, 10150
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_ID_23118
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
- To plan and direct sales and marketing activities in assigned area
- Pursue sales leads and achieve the personal sales objectives with the product range of the assigned product(s) in the assigned area.
- Support business development and customer management by initially identifying potential customers, provision of updated market intelligence to supervisor/team, coordination with field force to carry out field promotion activities
Main Areas of Responsibility Business development and customer management
- Plan how to establish and maintain account relationships and meet personal sales targets for each assigned account by visiting existing/prospective customers to understand and identify their needs to create a long-term customer relationship
- Coordinate and work with technical/ customer services/ logistic personnel to solve customer complaints
- Draft proposal on sales and marketing, technical solutions to customers and ensure account strategy are exploited consistently. Research, identify and develop existing and potential customer portfolio
- Consolidate data on customer needs, including product application, services requirements, buying cycles, delivery schedules and internal regulations like pricing structure for defined, customer credibility/ profiles to help secure/enhance business opportunities and identify future customers
Support for sales performance/strategies
- Coordinate use of other company resources, e.g. technical services, marketing communication activities to provide valued added services to accounts with the objective to influence selling potential
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provide significant inputs to planning company product, price and service strategies
Contract and payment receivable management
- Coordinate the personnel of customer services, logistics and inventory control to support the delivery of sales contracts. Update a database of customer creditability according to company credit policies
- Trace the customers’ payment process to ensure timely payment of receivables to meet established sales targets and revenue goals.
- Collect data to establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/ technology and service needs, etc in order to support identifying new business opportunities. Conduct initial analyses as necessary and requested.
- Collect and initially analyze data for market research project to develop competitor grid and benchmarking on competitors’ positioning and the performance of their competitive products.
- Provide timely report to supervisor/ team members.
Support in data administration
- Organize all sales related material e.g. database of product specification/application/performance, pricing list, customer database and sales promotion material.
- Support field force development in the team by improving products knowledge, agriculture professional and keeping discipline work.
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture
- 2-4 years in similar position
- Strong in business environment
- Knowledge in Agronomy including plants’ pest and diseases
Job Segment: Accounts Receivable, Finance, Customer Service
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: