Global Pricing Manager
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Iselin, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1702658
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The Global Pricing Manager, G-CCE, Mobile Emissions Catalysts, will be responsible for establishing the global pricing strategy, infrastructure, and best practices in support of commercial pricing activities. The Global Pricing Manager will ensure continuous improvement and enhancement in pricing, thereby improving margins and creating a more sustainable business model across all regions and a diverse set of customers. The role will need to influence and collaborate with regional VPs, Sales (Global and Regional account managers), Marketing, Controlling, and other key stakeholders. Global Pricing Manager (1702658) – Iselin, NJ Formula for Success: You Will…
- Drive continuous improvement and enhancement in pricing.
- Develop pricing concepts, methods, processes, and tools to increase internal pricing transparency.
- Establish a common, global language and understanding with regards to pricing.
- Lead the development of pricing strategies to ensure optimum pricing.
- Build capabilities and skills to enable personnel to fulfill pricing roles and responsibilities.
- Share external and BASF group internal best practices, and recommend strategies to achieve leading practice capabilities in pricing.
- Develop a Global Profit Tool (GPT) that establishes the expected CM1 and Gross Margin benefit for a given price for a component or system (e.g., multiple components).
- Establish metrics to measure improvements in the SBU pricing management.
- Develop training materials for the defined new practices in pricing.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or a related field required; advanced degree is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience; sales, marketing, or controlling experience preferred. Automotive experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated strength in influencing without authority
- Capability of communicating, interacting, and influencing effectively with all levels of personnel, management, and customers, including oral and written presentations.
- Ability to build organizational alignment.
- Established ability to analyze and translate complex information into a strategy.
- Skilled in using and learning different IT tools, including databases, and Excel; SAP experience is an asset.
- Developed proficiency in the following competencies must be evident and demonstrated: Project management, entrepreneurial drive, analytical thinking, strategic thinking, organization awareness and business acumen, and attention to detail.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Business Manager, Manager, CSR, Management