Senior Manager, Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate (MDI) Regional Marketing, Monomers, Asia Pacific
Job Field: Marketing
Location: Hong Kong, HK
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_HK_24740
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Located in Hong Kong, BASF’s regional headquarters oversees more than 16,000 employees at about 100 sites across Asia Pacific. In addition to regional business units, Hong Kong office also houses regional functional units including Corporate Affairs, Finance and Controlling, Human Resources, Management Consulting, Procurement and Supply Chain Services. Objectives of the Position
- Reporting to the Vice Director, MDI (methylene diphenyl diisocyanate) Regional Marketing, the incumbent will be acting as a key regional driver and enabler of the profitability and growth of the MDI business in Asian markets. He / she plays a pivotal role in developing and implementing regional business strategies and pricing initiatives in accordance with sub-business unit of Monomers strategy in Asia Pacific
Job Responsibilities i. Product Management and Business Development for Asia
- Drive profitable growth of the MDI business in Asia in accordance with the strategy of sub-business unit of Monomers
- Manage and optimize annual and monthly polymeric MDI and monomeric MDI allocation across 3 MDI assets in Asia: China and Korea
- Coordinate with the regional supply chain team, global strategic marketing team, the Europe and North America Regional Business Units, and the regional production sites to ensure optimal local production and product supply in the region, including imports, as and when appropriate
- Lead the new business development, including conceptualization, formulation and implementation of new business models and markets
- Execute the agreed new business plans aligned with Monomer's strategy
- Lead, conceptualize and implement new product launch (incl. market study, scouting, business plan development and launch strategy) for existing and new markets (development and pilot phases), focusing on innovation in emerging applications and industries
ii. Pricing Management and Strategy for Asia
- Formulate, drive and manage MDI pricing strategy (price/volume setting & authorization)
- Lead the development and implementation of MDI pricing strategy in Asia Pacific; ensure consistent and appropriate implementation of agreed strategies by acting as the expert for Asia pricing strategy development and monitoring the implementation of pricing policies.
- Analyze BASF’s local MDI cost structure and external market competitiveness to recommend monthly price bands and transfer prices.
- Conduct price benchmarking for MDI in Asia to optimize BASF’s regional pricing
- Manage Asian key accounts pricing strategy to maximize profitability and develop negotiation strategy and gameplan for annual contract negotiation
- Monitor and review the market prices implementation at the country level on a monthly basis and provide sub-regional guidance to the country sales teams. Analyze and channel any unusual findings to management’
iii. Market Intelligence
- Develop and manage a regional market intelligence network (industry, market and competitor intelligence) to steer and support the country sales activities.
- Consolidate and analyze relevant market and competitive intelligence, as well as customer requirements. Recommend proactive marketing and sales measures and support efficient business decision making.
- Support regional/global exchange of market information relating to industry teams
- University degree, preferably in chemistry, chemical engineering, or business administration
- 10 years or above work experience required, with at least 5 years in a sales and marketing role in a multinational environment. Having a leadership role in chemical industry is preferred
- Experience in Polyurethane (PU) industry or commodity chemicals is a plus
- Experience and skill in pricing strategy is also an advantage
- Professional selling and negotiation skills with solid product and industry knowledge
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- High intercultural adaptability and customer-oriented
- The position will be located either in Hong Kong or Shanghai
Job Segment: Regional Manager, Management Consulting, Manager, Management