Manager - Sales, Intermediate
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, VN, 700000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_VN_25441
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Since opening our first representative office in 1994, BASF has expanded its operations in Vietnam with two production sites and three offices. We provide products and solutions for various industries and applications, including agriculture, construction, electrical and electronics, oil and mining, nutrition and health, paints and coatings, personal and home care, petrochemicals, plastics, textile, leather and footwear, water treatment and others. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION Develop and implement the sales and marketing activities to realize the mid and long-term objectives of the Intermediate business in Vietnam, including:
- Implement business development and customer management
- Implement & lead all steps of the sales process as following customer landscape mapping & opportunity scouting
- Account analysis, solution set up, negotiation and closure of deal-fulfillment and monitoring
Provide updated market intelligence; coordinate with customer services/logistics personnel where necessary. MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES
- Strategy Implementation Implement sale & marketing strategies, policies, tactics and plans, pricing structure, target accounts to achieve the agreed sale goals and profitability, by utilizing the outputs of analyses on market intelligence and current and future competitiveness in products/ product applications/ pricing/ services.
- Market intelligence Establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products, the service needs, intelligence on competitors, etc. in order to identify new business opportunities. Conduct market research to develop customer portfolio, market map and analyze on performance and competition.
- Market developments Direct the activities and lead the process to develop and penetrate markets with new or existing products/ services/ technologies by overseeing the implementation of the defined strategies, the application and evaluation of market intelligence on the analyses of competitors, the market development.
- Customer & distributor management Visit and establish professional relationships with key customers and other potential customers of sales prospects, as necessary, to negotiate or lead negotiation of sales. Implement and monitor the program of distributor management to achieve business target.
- Technical support Provide technical advice, recommendations and trouble-shooting to customers with support of responsible regional technical manager in order to introduce and promote products
- Inventory management Provide data and timely feedback on end use market trends, buy analyses, and monthly sale forecast, to support defining and revising the levels of regional stock and allocation in order to meet timely customer needs.
- Credit Management
- Conclude sales contracts according to company credit policies and provide customer information as inputs to Finance to support revision of credit policies.
- Work closely with the responsible personnel for account receivable to ensure that the customers honor the sales contract terms.
- Provide customer credit information for company credit control function, ensure timely payment of receivables to meet established sales targets and revenue goals.
- Assist the supervisor in the preparation of sale performance report, and other relevant reports as assigned.
- Follow all RC policy, Value and principle and Code of conducts of BASF.
- Support to all Company activities and propose optimistic business direction according to customer and products.
- Stay in touch with market trend through membership in trade & professional organizations Perform such other duties, which may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Education: Degree, preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Working Experience: Min 5 years experiences in commercial preferably in related industries. Business development experience is an advantage
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Good understanding of commodity product for relevant industries like Textile/Leather/Footwear, coatings/construction, Agrochemicals, downstream oil & gas, transplants.
- Good English and computer skills (MS. Office).
Job Segment: Manager, Accounts Receivable, Management, Finance