Manager - Retails Sales, Construction Chemicals
Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, VN, 700000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_VN_25197
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
Since opening our first representative office in 1994, BASF has expanded its operations in Vietnam with two production sites and three offices. We provide products and solutions for various industries and applications, including agriculture, construction, electrical and electronics, oil and mining, nutrition and health, paints and coatings, personal and home care, petrochemicals, plastics, textile, leather and footwear, water treatment and others. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
- Establish a network of distributors across the country to grow the business via retail channels in order to access a bigger market and manage the channel partners according to strategy.
- Develop assessment criteria catalogue to select appropriate distributors. Define roles and responsibilities for BASF organization and the channel partner, including necessary investments in headcount at the distributors’ side.
- Develop and implement pull marketing strategy to generate demand for distributors, supported by technical marketing, sales and technical service personnel.
- Develop and manage channel partners (distributors, dealer, retailer, applicator) incentive and/or loyalty program, provide trainings and support channel partner to manage inventory to keep expired stock at minimum level. Regularly evaluate channel partners effectiveness.
- Achieve or exceed yearly sales and cCM1 targets, manage prices, customers and cost.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACTIVITIES Implement channel partner model (route to market) for Construction Chemicals Vietnam to grow market share, manage product portfolio according to strategy, prepare and implement marketing plan, monitor financial KPIs, manage pricing proposals, analyze market to support decision on future product development strategies, etc.
Establish channel partner network
- Develop scoring model to assess potential channel partners’ strategic fit to BASF’s channel strategy.
- Approach potential channel partners, present and discuss commodity product portfolio, supported by technical service team.
- Assess potential partners’ strategic fit and readiness and select target partners, according to territory distribution strategy.
- Set up distribution agreement, including of product portfolio, stock level, prices, budgets.
- Collaborate with production, demand planner, customer service and logistics personnel to establish a communication path with the distributor to ensure high service quality in terms of response and delivery.
- Implement marketing measures to enable channel partner to represent product portfolio in line with Master Builders Solutions brand approach.
- Support channel partner to launch Master Builders Solutions product portfolio.
Channel partner management
- Maintain close contact with distributors’ key personnel and collaborate with BASF-internal functions, e.g. credit management, legal, production etc.
- Follow up on channel partner payments.
- Participate in meetings for customer problem resolution; if necessary, work with customer services and technical personnel to deal with complaints.
- Develop and manage channel partner incentive and or loyalty programs.
- Organize trainings to channel partner personnel, introduce new products.
- Provide and update marketing material, supported by marketing personnel.
- Support channel partner to manage inventory and generate demand through direct marketing activities if products are going to expire.
- Gather sales forecasts and monitor actual sales performance in order to manage BASF’s inventory and merchandise products.
- Manage distribution contracts, ensure proper implementation of Master Builders Solutions branding rules.
- Regularly (monthly) provide reports regarding customer profiles, business opportunities, market research, territory assessment, sales data, analyses on product consumption/ performance, logistics services, problem areas and solutions etc., as base information to review sales/marketing/pricing plans or objectives. JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Business Administration / Economic or equivalent.
- Five years experiences in channel/distribution management; preferably in Construction industry.
- Understanding on construction market and its channel/distribution network; Knowledge of Construction Chemicals products is advantage.
- Good command of English and Computer skills (MS. Office).
- Competencies required: Act with Entrepreneurial Drive, Demonstrate Customer Focus, Communicate Effectively.
Job Segment: Manager, Management