Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Guangzhou, CN, 510000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25556
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region. Objectives
- Full accountability for responsible for industrial cleaning of Food service & Kitchen Hygiene, Commercial Laundry, Institutional Cleaning and Sanitation of Vehicle & Transportation Care segments’ key accounts (Diversey, Henkel, White cat, etc.) and distributors’ business in Greater China
- Develop and implement short, mid and long-term measures, resource requirement to actualize sales target & SBU strategy
- Identify unmet market and customer needs to develop and implement ideas and measures for additional value creation including product and business model innovation.
- Safety and compliance
- Continuously develop and implement appropriate measures to ensure safety at work place & during business trips. Develop and implement preventive measures to ensure compliance as defined by company’s Code of Conduct
- Business result
- Achieve business targets encompassing ccM1, volume & sales, costs, working capital and other business excellence targets such as delivery reliability and customer satisfaction.
- Sales development and efficiency, customer intimacy and satisfaction
- Develop and implement sales and marketing plans at the targeted customers.
- Collaborate with GKA (Diversey, Henkel) and other function unit to achieve business results and ensure customer intimacy for all transplants and international accounts
- Develop and implement resource deployment plans, sales management systems and tools to achieve high sales efficiency, e.g. account plans, sales pipelines, call reports etc.
- Ensure effective collaboration with regional Technical Service, Marketing and other departments
- Go-to-market approaches, margin management and value creations
- Develop & implement measures adapted to the business landscape at Greater China to ensure clear focus and effective go-to-market approaches aimed at capturing market opportunities effectively and efficiently, maximizing BASF’s strength of product portfolio, sustainably achieving key account’s strategy
- Develop and implement appropriate promotional activities, i.e. customer workshops, trade shows, seminars, etc.
- Develop and implement corrective actions to maximize margin.
- Adapt and develop business models based on BASF product portfolio, market positioning and value chain positioning to achieve sustainable business development and value creation
- Market intelligence
- Develop and implement measures to continuously track, report and act upon market intelligence such as market and consumer trends, competitive activities, demand/capacity development, pricing development to ensure BASF’s position as market leader
- Establish and capitalize relationships with key stakeholders such as trade association, opinion leaders and partners to ensure BASF’s market position
- Collaborate with Product Stewardship and other teams in Greater China and RBU to ensure appropriate registration of required product portfolio
- Cost-to-serve and Working capital
- Actively manage Selling, Administration and Shipping costs to ensure cost targets are met
- Propose to and implement with team leader for indirect cost management
- Collaborate with SCM and other departments to ensure effective business forecast, payment terms, receivables and credit risk management, appropriate use of Inco terms and achieve all working capital targets
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in chemistry or related discipline. Postgraduate education such as Master or PhD in related discipline preferred
- Working Experience: Minimum 4 years’ working experience including experiences with international exposure in industrial environment
- Other requirements: Well established business acumen and communication skills.
Job Segment: Manager, Risk Management, CSR, Management, Finance