Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Guangzhou, CN, 510000
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_CN_25081
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
- The primary function of this role is to implement Transportation, Performance Materials Greater China including Engineering Plastics, PU Systems and TPU sales & marketing strategy in new business development and customers’ management by initiating contacts with existing and potential customers within the Powertrain, Chassis/Structural and Exterior & EE Modules sub-segments.
- Develop the business on Local Tiers & Distributors according to the regional strategy and objectives.
- Conduct local OEM management through cooperation with other business units.
- Provide input for account plan, pricing strategy and market intelligence.
- Sales Development.
- Conduct existing business and develop new projects in existing & new customers to ensure both volume and margin growth.
- Develop sales plans; secure and expedite orders.
- Supervise and consolidate the sales forecast.
- Strategic Tasks and Implementation
- Identify key accounts and develop key account profiles.
- Implement the sales and marketing directions per agreed directions
- Product/Industry/Business Development
- Scout for new business opportunities in the respective sales areas / key accounts and develop a business plan.
- Suggest product developments and requirements to Sales Manager or LBM and support its implementation.
- Customer Management
- Conduct field visits, seminars, presentation and attend to customers’ inquiries.
- Provide prompt response related to quality, technical applications, inquiries, and other related issues; conduct customers’ assessments and analyses.
- Align with Regional and BCH functions to solve customers’ issues.
- Credit Management
- Monitor the growth of the customers’ business, review and coordinate with credit control to make appropriate credit recommendations.
- Follow-up on payment collections and ensure on-time payment from the customers
- Implement pricing policy and support product launch processes.
- Monitor and review marketing/promotion campaign’s execution.
- Support public relation and marketing communication campaign for related business.
- Market Intelligence
- Conduct studies/analysis on market trend, competitors, products’ applications and technology, service needs.
- Education: Masters or Bachelor of Science degree in Polymer Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent, such as Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Material Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- Working Experience: 5 to 8 years technical sales working experience preferably with Engineering Plastics industry.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of Engineering Plastics, technical know-how and applications. Tooling, Plastics Compounding and Application Development experiences would be highly desirable. Have hands-on experience with plastic / polymer processing, plastic processing equipment experience in aspects of injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, etc would be highly advantageous.
Job Segment: Manager, Management