Segment Manager, Automotive Fluids - Florham Park, NJ
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Florham Park, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703712
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The Segment Manager is expected to manage the segment of Automotive Fluids in North America. Tasks will include development and implementation of business strategies leading to growth significantly above the market for BASF. One major task will be to lead a substantial regional market segment project and establish BASF in a new market segment in North America. The candidate will also regularly monitor KPIs and initiate required actions to ensure achievement of project targets. This role comprises elements of project management, marketing, product management, and key account leadership. Segment Manager, Automotive Fluids (1703712) – Florham Park, NJ Formula for Success: You Will…
- Lead segment management for Automotive Fluids in North America.
- Manage business management and technology transfer project(s).
- Develop project plans, define milestones, review achievements, and manage project resources.
- Actively manage the interface between local engineering, production, QM teams, and global marketing as well as key account, product management, and procurement.
- Own the Automotive Fluids Segment Management function for North America.
- Build up market and competitive intelligence for Automotive Fluids in North America.
- Consolidate customer intelligence in cooperation with (key) account management.
- Derive “go-to-market” strategy and define necessary resources.
- Translate and funnel customer and market requirements into EV/G-EVO organization.
- Identify potential partners and develop strategic partnerships (including contract management).
- Manage key customer and partner relationships.
- Coordinate technology transfers from Ludwigshafen (Germany) to North America.
- Monitor cost position and coordinate exchange with potential raw material suppliers and logistic partners; serve as key contact for CP and procurement in North America.
- Define targets for project team in alignment with global marketing and regional business management.
- Implement corrective measures in case of project delay and/or failure to achieve milestones.
- Interface to (key) account management for Automotive Fluids business management.
- Track and report project progress to management.
- Ensure the exchange of information across organizational and regional boundaries.
- Manages project documentation.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or Chemistry, with at least 10 years of relevant work experience; advanced degree is a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a business/project management environment.
- Strong customer focus, entrepreneurial spirit, excellent communication skills, good collaboration skills within and across business units, demonstrated project management skills, and sound leadership ability.
- Proven ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial data to assess market value and BASF value in the market. Ability to use this information to develop strategies and financial plans to maximize value for BASF. Make value propositions that differentiate BASF from other competitors.
- Strong understanding of BASF's range of products and services preferred. Capable of networking, building relationships, and leveraging resources across the organization (regionally and globally.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with influence and impact; relates to and adapts communication style to senior executives both within and outside of BASF; skill in presenting value propositions to senior leadership. Adept at identifying and managing communications with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to inspire and direct others; experience in managing project teams. Skilled in asking for and obtaining results from others. Ability to lead team members.
- Travel 15%
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Manager, Business Manager, Contract Manager, Management, Legal