Marketing Manager, Personal Care North America -Florham Park, NJ
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Florham Park, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703457
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… The Marketing Manager, Personal Care will be responsible for operational marketing and short-term strategic marketing activities targeting personal care market in North America. Primary activities will include market insights, new product commercialization, product positioning, value communication and promotions, creating innovation pipelines, and customer marketing activities to generate pipeline. Marketing Manager, Personal Care, North America Formula for Success: You Will…
- Develop deep understanding of the personal care market segment including trends, consumer preferences driving growth, customer needs and competitive dynamics.
- Create concepts working with the technical team to promote portfolio to customers.
- Identify sources of differentiation for customer segments and develop solutions.
- Create business development opportunities working with sales and technology teams.
- Support regional business plans for new product launches.
- Plan and develop digital promotions for target segments.
- Drive market development opportunities with existing products to support new application areas or new claims.
- Continuously evaluate regional markets for customers, segments, and influencers to grow with.
- Develop and implement marketing plans to achieve marketing growth targets.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering; advance degree desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of personal care industry experience.
- At least 3 years of strategic marketing or technology marketing experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to travel up to 20%.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Manager, Management