Marketing Communications Manager; Florham Park, NJ
Job Field: MARK - Marketing
Location: Florham Park, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703834
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… We are seeking a Marketing Communications Manager to join our Care Chemicals division. The BASF division of Care Chemicals offers a broad range of ingredients for hygiene, personal care, home care, industrial & institutional cleaning, and technical applications. We are the leading supplier for the cosmetics industry as well as the detergents and cleaning agents industry and support our customers worldwide with innovative and sustainable products, solutions, and concepts. The division’s high-performance product portfolio includes surfactants, emulsifiers, polymers, emollients, chelating agents, cosmetic active ingredients, pigments, and UV filters. Superabsorbents developed for the full spectrum of hygiene applications complete the range. We have production and development sites in all regions and are expanding our presence in emerging markets. Further information is available at: www.care-chemicals.basf.com. In this role, you will create the marketing communication plan and carrying out promotional activities for the EM Home & Personal Care business in North America (USA, Canada and Mexico). You will work closely with segment managers of Home and Personal care business to launch concepts and design creative marketing collateral. You will design and implement digital marketing tools and content for Home and Personal Care business. If you have a passion for delivering on strategies that ensure our customers’ success, we are looking for you! Formula for Success: You Will…
- Convert business strategies into communications plans. Translate business goals to a communications plan that is linked to sales and has strong kpi focus
- Demonstrate B2B communications expertise with success marketing to companies and understanding how to effectively connect with and communicate to businesses
- Plan and execute traditional marketing communication activities such key message development, advertising campaign, social media, literature and marketing tools
- Organize and coordinate critical industry trade shows and customer events
- Design and execute digital marketing and content management strategies and activities in support of business goals
- Carry out internal communications initiatives
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You…
- Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years relevant business experience preferably in marketing communication, advertising, social media promotions, digital marketing strategy or other related communications fields.
- Strong Analytical skills required.
- Experience within the Home and Personal Care industry preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguous situations
- Ability to influence different stakeholders in matrix organization
- Experience managing vendors and events highly desired
- Strong project management skills
- Must be willing and able to travel 10% of the time
Don’t just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: MBA, Manager, Management