Business Development Specialist, Membrane Solutions - Virtual
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Florham Park, NJ, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703160
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future! Where the Chemistry Happens… BASF’s New Business Development unit is executing a growth strategy that includes inge® UF membrane technology. We seek an entrepreneurial person to join our team as a Business Development Specialist, Membrane Solutions North America and will report to the Head of Membrane Solutions. Business Development Specialist, Membrane Solutions (1703160) – Virtual Formula for Success: You Will…
- Generate incremental revenues with new UF installations and UF replacement business.
- Identify UF opportunities, develop projects pipeline, seek customers, agents, and culture relationships.
- Track projects and provide technical, budgetary, and firm bids for all membrane projects.
- Analyze procurement tenders, provide technical argumentations against PVDF membranes, and negotiate commercial contract with end users.
- Conduct technical UF seminars and training to OEMs, integrators, consultants, and owners.
- Support Marketing by gathering intelligence and participating in exhibitions and customer events.
- Timely communicate to inge® management market trends, customer needs, and monthly Sales projections
- Assist order processing team and follow up on order progression.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or a science-related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in water treatment, particularly membrane technology as component supplier or system integration company.
- In-depth knowledge of membrane technologies and their applications.
- Comprehensive understanding of competitive situation and market requirement in territory.
- Excellent customer network (system integrators, engineering companies) in territory.
- Foreign language fluency: Spanish, German a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Extensive experience in presentation, sales, and negotiation tactics.
- Ability to close deals.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey