Market Analyst Internship (12 months) X 3
Job Field: Marketing
Location: Cheadle, GB
Company: BASF plc
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN56676484_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethane systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
What you can expect
Three twelve-month industrial placement positions at our UK & Ireland headquarters, located near Manchester. You will use your analytical and investigative skills to identify business opportunities across our broad portfolio.
This placement will give you the opportunity to expand your understanding of the business through involvement in projects with colleagues from different industry sectors. You will develop personal and professional skills that are transferable into any business environment.
This is a diverse and interesting role that includes:
- Undertaking market intelligence on customers and industries,
- Developing market analysis,
- Regular reporting on business and economic activity,
- Short and long term consultancy based projects, providing the businesses with actionable information to generate further growth.
What we expect
- On target for a 1st or 2:1.
- Studying a business related degree, preferably with an emphasis on Market Analysis or Economics.
- A minimum of 280 UCAS Points.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be fluent in English.
- You are highly motivated with excellent communication and workmanagement skills.
- You are inquisitive, with an aptitude for analysis and problem solving.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
You will be given the opportunity to gain first-hand experience working in an international company and see the work you produce generating real results across our business.
Salary: £15,000 - 16,000 per annum
Placement Start Date: June 2018
Closing Date: 14th November 2017
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.