Customer Service Officer
Job Field: Sales
Location: Cheadle, GB
Company: BASF plc
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56689750_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethanes systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
What you can expect
You will serve as the focal point of our sales effort in the UK within BTC.
- Beyond providing the highest level of customer service, you will ensure customer satisfaction as well as the most effective, profitable marketing of BTC products throughout the UK.
- You will have total responsibility for sales order fulfilment, liaising with customers, managers, internal departments, and suppliers (in the UK, Germany, and throughout Europe) to ensure customer requirements and demands are met.
- You will also process customer orders promptly and fulfill planning requirements to ensure stock levels are optimised.
- The position will also involve significant interaction with customers in order to negotiate prices within established pricing limits, to ensure prompt payment of invoices, and to establish strong relationships and optimise business opportunities.
- The working hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Note: Relocation will not be provided for this role.
What we expect
- You have a good level of education (minimum A-level standard or equivalent) and at least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Beyond this you possess strong communication, organisational, office and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT and computers skills are also necessary - including knowledge of SAP systems.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Closing date: 12 November 2017
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.