Area Sales Manager, Concrete Admixtures, SE England
Job Field: Sales
Location: Cheadle, GB
Company: BASF plc
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56678246_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF plc, BASF Group's main operating company in the United Kingdom, supplies raw materials to most industries. We market a wide range of products, including chemicals, construction chemicals, crop protection products, dispersions and pigments, pest control solutions, plastics, polyurethane systems, leading edge coating products, mining and water treatment chemicals. We manufacture performance chemicals, polyurethane systems and pest control solutions.
What you can expect
Working within BASF's Construction Chemicals Division, you will be responsible for creating specifications and converting project enquiries into sales within the concrete industry.
- By creating demand through specification and tracking of construction projects you will develop relationships with concrete producers and construction contractors.
- Your role will be to make presentations to the construction design community of consulting engineers and architects.
- Practical on site, you must have a hands-on experience of the construction industry.
- This is an ideal opportunity to leverage technology and innovation.
What we expect
- You will be educated to degree level, preferably from an engineering discipline and or have a strong practical understanding of the construction industry.
- You will be an experienced sales person with capability to present ideas to designers.
- Beyond that, you are technically minded, able to work with a high level of accuracy and perform under pressure with minimal supervision.
- You will be self-motivated with strong communication and organisational skills to ensure that relationships with customers are maintained/developed.
- A valid driver's licence is required as well as the willingness to travel.
- THIS IS A HOME BASE ROLE WITH FREQUENT TRAVEL IN SOUTH EAST ENGLAND.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Closing Date: 10 November 2017
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.