Sales Representative (Crop Protection) Stettler, Alberta
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: , AB, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1704340
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work.
BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Reporting to the IS Regional Sales Manager, the primary role of the Innovation Specialist is to drive accelerated sales growth of BASF’s new innovations to assigned growers. In addition, the successful candidate will be charged with developing, cultivating, and maintaining business relationships with top growers, working effectively with retail partners, and managing relationships within the channel.
Innovation Specialist-Stettler, Alberta
The Innovation Specialist will also actively prospect for new business to expand their customer base. The ideal candidate will have a strong market and customer focus with ability to translate information into clear business strategies to generate growth.Formula for Success: You Will…
- Gain comprehensive understanding of products, applications, and territory needs as it relates to BASF’s Agricultural product portfolio,
- Drive "hunting" efforts to grow future business in the Agricultural segment.
- Identify, negotiate, and close new opportunities for our products.
- Increase market intelligence by providing information around industries, competitors, and customers to BASF’s Marketing team.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
· Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in Agronomy, Chemistry, Biology, Business, or a related field.
· A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in sales, or a technical background within an agricultural-related field including, but not limited to, seed, chemical, equipment, or crop consulting.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills combined with a passion for making a positive difference in the agriculture industry; ability to develop and cultivate meaningful relationships with customers and internal partners, including success with large operation growers.
· Technical proficiency, including working experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Devotion to achieve goals through self-management of time and resources.
· Ability to travel overnight on a weekly basis.
We welcome and encourage applications from all persons. BASF has a robust policy of accommodating employees who are able to perform the essential duties of the job upon accommodation. In particular, applicants with disabilities are entitled to a recruitment process and accessible materials.