Job Field: Sales / Technical Sales
Location: Bukit Jelutong, MY, 40150
Company: BASF Asia Pacific
Job Type: Experienced
Job ID: EN_MY_24508
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We have over 110,000 employees connecting around the world. For you, this means an almost unlimited range of job opportunities, career development and lots of potential to continue learning . At BASF we believe strongly in the power of connected minds.
BASF has been operating in Malaysia for more than 25 years and currently has more than 1,600 employees in the country. BASF (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd was incorporated in 1989 and it operates manufacturing plants in Bukit Jelutong (Shah Alam), Bukit Raja (Klang) in Selangor and Pasir Gudang in Johor, as well as an operation site in Kulim, Kedah.Objectives
- To promote and establish construction systems items directly to contractors, consultants on site and other Engineering firms, both in private and public sector using Sales Team
- Day to day management of the sales force, directly or through the sales managers to ensure the sales team delivers the budget sales target.
- Control selling prices to meet the budget material margins.
- Hold monthly team meetings in support of the BPM processes.
- Compilation of reports and forecasts as required. Including project pipelines and Sales Action Plans.
- Develop and implement an annual marketing plan that is aligned with the Group Strategic Goals specifically in terms of growth and market share. To feed into the 5 year rolling Business Plan.
- Identify the training needs of the sales team to ensure that they are sufficiently trained to professionally represent BASF.
- To identify and manage Key Customers through the Sales Team by developing close customer relations and taking a lead in any major projects.
- Ensure that the sales team organization structure is sufficient to meet the growing needs of the company, restructuring as necessary to optimize the performance and sales efficiency
- Collect data to establish a database to obtain, update, maintain and evaluate market trends, the application of products/ technology and service needs, etc. in order to support identifying new business opportunities. Conduct initial analyses as necessary and requested.
- Collect and initially analyze data for market research project to develop competitor grid and benchmarking on competitors' positioning and the performance of their competitive products.
- Provide timely report to supervisor/ team members.
- University degree preferably in civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years in a related field and 5 years people management experience.Basic understanding of construction and building processes; Knowledge in construction chemicals is a plus
Job Segment: Manager, Management