Strategic Marketing Manager (m/f)
Job Field: Sales
Location: Barcelona, ES
Company: BASF Española S.L.
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56621735_ONLE_3
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Española S.L. is the main BASF Group company in Spain. Its products are used in many sectors such as construction, agriculture, packaging, plastics and automotive industries. Solutions and people of BASF Española contribute to the success of hundreds of customers who need to face and win emerging global challenges: environmental protection, energy efficiency, nutrition and mobility.
What you can expect
Reporting to the Country Manager Spain, your key target will be to maximize the commercial efficiency in two main directions; optimisation of distribution channel and definition and implementation of new strategies to better access our end consumer. You will have the following responsabilities:
- Optimize the covered area while analyzing the distribution network. You will define and align the strategies with current distributors, identify the areas with deficient penetration and search new distribution channels.
- You will research and identify new key end consumers by putting in place strategies and tools for its identification. Equally, you will strengthen the direct contact with current customers applying usual and new tools, mainly based on digitalization.
- Support the Sales Manager to maximize sales representative and be the Spanish Counterpart in European forums for customer access and for digitalization concepts.
- Collaborate closely with the Sales Manager and Marketing Manager.
What we expect
- Beyond having a scientific or business background (Degree in Agronomy or Economy), you have a min. of 5 years of experience in sales and/or distribution channel management (preferably in Agro or Pharma). Having a MBA will be valuable.
- Furthermore, you demonstrate professional communication skills, and good ability to negotiate and convince in an international environment either internal or external stakeholders, both in Spanish and English.
- Know-How in information technology will be appreciated.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.