Account Representative I or II - Automotive Refinish (Atlanta Metro)
Job Field: SALE - Sales
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Company: BASF Corporation
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_US_1703774
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
Sales at BASF revolves around the customer experience and driving profitable growth. The foundation for this is a strong team that brings specific application, industry and market knowledge to understand the diverse markets where we play and build trusting and satisfying customer relationships.
Account Representative I or II – Automotive Refinish (1703774) – Atlanta, GA
We are seeking an Account Representative to support the Atlanta metro market, working with automotive refinish paint customers to grow our market share. In return for innovating and pushing yourself and your team to be the best every day, you’ll have your accomplishments recognized and rewarded, you’ll get amazing growth opportunities, and you’ll know firsthand what it feels like to be surrounded by a global network of other brilliant colleagues.
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Execute the business strategy and drive sales growth in local markets through identifying customer and market needs within assigned market responsibility.
- Increase sales growth by developing market potential through forecasting, lead generation, qualification, and closing sales; also recommending new products and services.
- Develop and expand the customer relationship by understanding their individual requirements/expectations and meeting their needs. This will be supported and driven by managing existing relationships, along with developing new relationships.
- Travel at least 50% of the time (mostly local day travel with minimal overnights).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- High School diploma required and a minimum 2 years of sales, technical service, or customer-facing experience required; 7 years of sales, technical service, or customer-facing experience preferred
- Automotive experienced required; automotive refinish or collision experience required
- Customer relationship management – strong interpersonal skills, motivated, entrepreneurial, analytical, able to build relationships, able to manage conflict, excellent time management skills.
- Negotiation experience preferred, but not required
- Strong PC skills, including experience using MS Office, Customer Relationship Management programs, and web browsers.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% (mostly local day travel, with minimal overnights).
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Relationship Manager, Customer Service