Senior Specialist Operations Database (m/f)
Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56553579_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Within our unit, you will be responsible for the development and data management of the Microsoft SQL (MSSQL) server database for worldwide key production indicators.
- You will design web-based user interfaces and you will conceptualize analyses as well as reports based on key business administration indicators.
- You will ensure the integrity of data in the back end based on various source systems (SAP, Oracle).
- In addition, you will implement user-related training sessions for the internal teams.
- With your grasp of data structures and your commercial knowledge, you will prepare meaningful reports and appealing presentations.
What we expect
- You have a degree in computer science (especially Business Informatics) or comparable educational qualifications.
- You use state-of-the-art tools for design issues relating to the front end and for intuitive, handy user interfaces on the intranet.
- In an environment with several thousand users, you create and manage intelligent solutions that are available 24 hours a day.
- In the data models in the back end, you master complex Transact-SQL (T-SQL) procedures and challenging SQL statements.
- For our global target group, we expect communication skills in English and German.
- We offer you the opportunity to work in challenging and international projects. Hereby you gain a broad view over the different BASF business areas. Besides you have the chance to plan your business trips on long-term to align them with your work-life-balance.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: