Intern Digitalization / Industry 4.0 (m/f)
Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Internship
Job ID: EN56682349_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our interdisciplinary team digitalization drives forward the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites. We apply modern methods from applied mathematics, data science, informatics and automation, particularly machine learning, big data analytics, data mining and model-based simulation and optimization.
- You develop innovative digital solutions together with experts from various fields.
- You work in projects in production, supply, disposal or logistics and cooperate with the local plant staff as well as with internal and external partners.
- The focus areas of your work can be adjusted to your capabilities and preferences. Examples are process optimization, energy and raw material forecasts for the local power plant, soft sensors and other real-time predictions.
- Further topics are condition monitoring of processes and components, predictive maintenance, assistance/expert systems and supply chain optimization.
- Depending on our demands, the internship may be followed by bachelor's or master's Thesis.
What we expect
- We are looking for candidates that enjoy working with data and mathematical/statistical models and have experience in these fields.
- You have above-average academic performance or a bachelor degree in applied mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, informatics, engineering or similar.
- You know well the latest digital trends and are willing to familiarize yourself quickly and autonomously with new topics.
- With your open-minded and enthusiastic spirit, you contribute to the team and communicate in German and English.
From day one you will be part of the BASF family. You will get involved in challenging fields of activity and have the opportunity to work on exciting projects in an interdisciplinary environment. Depending on the location of the respective group company you will get to know BASF and participate in various workshops and guided tours. In this way you will make numerous interesting experiences and get a deep insight into the world’s leading chemical company.
Information regarding internships: on.basf.com/internship
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: