Computer Scientist (m/f)
Job Field: IT / Information Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56560825_DIGI
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Understanding chemical reactivity and materials properties on a molecular scale is at the heart of chemistry. Within our Quantum Chemistry Team, a main focus is the study of chemical reactions, in particular in the condensed phase. Automatization of computational workflows and reliable and efficient data management are key success factors to our work.
- You add your IT competence to a diverse team of scientists who use simulations on our HPC system (ranked #65 on Top500 list 07/2017) to contribute to R&D projects.
- You will develop and maintain software tools for performing These simulations and for the automatic storage, analysis and visualization of the resulting data using database technology and pipelining frameworks.
What we expect
- You have completed your education in computer science, computational sciences or a related field and/or you possess profound experience in the field of software development for high performance (scientific) computing.
- You possess in-depth programming skills in object oriented languages (C++ and/or Python, JS) and are proficient in working with databases.
- You are experienced in the administration of Linux Systems (Windows systems are a plus).
- Due to your project management skills, ideally in the field of agile methods, you are able to work under strict timelines and to manage as well as steer implementation projects.
- Furthermore, you possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- From a personal point of view, you demonstrate excellent organizational, teamwork and communication skills.
- You are proficient in English and/or German.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international Company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: