Senior Innovation Manager - Foresight and Scouting (m/f)
Job Field: General Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF New Business GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56170528_ONLE_7
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF New Business GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of BASF SE. Its mission is to open up new areas of business for BASF that are beyond the current BASF Group portfolio. We have offices in Germany (Ludwigshafen), the United States, China, Korea, and Japan.
Learn more about BASF New Business GmbH at http://on.basf.com/NewBusinesses
What you can expect
BASF New Business GmbH is building up new business beyond core.
"Beyond core" means attractive new markets based on new technologies and adapted business models.
- Your role will be to scout ideas for sustainable growth outside the current portfolio.
- One of your major tasks will be the systematic exploration and scouting of markets and industries (customers, competitors, technologies) for (bio-/) chemical innovation opportunities.
- Current focus industries are among others Energy (oil & gas, mining), Transportation (automotive, aerospace, marine), Agriculture and Nutrition.
- You will plan and lead industry projects with external management consultants as well as contribute to the further development of scouting methodology.
- It will be up to you to cooperate strongly with the BASF innovation community and to make use of external experts for markets and technologies.
What we expect
- You have successfully completed your degree in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or similar course of studies and have worked in top management consulting.
- A track record in innovation management is highly appreciated as well as experience in identifying start-ups and innovative small- and medium-sized companies.
- You are very self-directed and have expert knowledge in project management and business management or marketing.
- In conversations and presentations you are able to demonstrate your communication skills in both German and English and you are passionate about bringing in your creativity in the team.
- You have excellent analytic and strategic skills and you are able to cope with situations containing a high level of ambiguity.
- If you are highly motivated to push things further and shape the future our company is your place to be!
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.