Operations Research Expert in Business Analytics (m/f)
Job Field: General Management
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF Business Services GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56021367_DIGI4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF Business Services is the business solution provider for the BASF Group, offering innovative services tailored to customers in the fields of Supply Chain Operations, Information Services and Business Process Management. We support the BASF Group globally, striving for service excellence and customer satisfaction while creating business value.
Learn more about BASF Business Services GmbH at: http://on.basf.com/BusinessServicesEN
What you can expect
Our Optimization Team in Global Business Analytics provides BASF-wide quantitative decision support for multiple application areas, based on data analysis, mathematical modeling and optimization. You will work together with extremely dedicated people who like their work and challenging problems.
- You will apply your mathematical modelling skills to large-scale real-world problems for a broad range of applications.
- Topics range from strategic network design, inventory optimization, or tactical production planning across value chains to more operational ones, like scheduling and competitive pricing.
- You will be responsible for projects in this field closely co-operating with your world-wide BASF colleagues from strategic planning and controlling, marketing and sales, production, supply chain management or procurement.
- In this context, you will develop and maintain mathematical models and (support to) embed them in user-friendly decision support tools.
- Furthermore, you will establish and maintain collaborations with academic research groups and commercial solution providers evaluating new approaches and exploring new application opportunities.
What we expect
- You have earned an outstanding PhD in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or Business Management with a focus on quantitative methods.
- You are well experienced in applying mathematical models to real-world problems, preferably mixed-integer programming or inventory theory.
- You are a proficient developer in one of the following modeling and solver environments: FICO, GAMS, IBM CPLEX, XPRESS, GUROBI, Python.
- You are comfortable working in multinational interdisciplinary teams and preferably already gained international experience.
- Furthermore, you are a creative and motivated team player with strong communication and presentation skills in German as well as in English are being able to communicate the ideas and solutions to a broad community of non-experts.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
For further information, please contact Dr. Anna Schreieck
Phone: +49 621 60-78253
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: