Technical Manager (Windsor) (Wyandotte, Michigan)
Job Field: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Location: Windsor, ON, CA
Company: BASF Canada
Job Type: Standard
Job ID: EN_CA_1704366
You can be part of an inclusive team of diverse talent and character. In this diversity lies our greatest strength.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017, as well as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2017. Where the Chemistry Happens… We are seeking a Technical Manager to provide leadership, direction, and coordination of the QA and Technical teams in Windsor, ON. We are also accepting US candidates who are willing to travel daily to Windsor, or to relocate.
Technical Manager (1704366) – Windsor, ON/Wyandotte, MI Formula for Success: You Will…
- Successfully and efficiently introduce new or modified products into the Windsor plant that consistently meet customer needs.
- Ensure consistent and timely supply of quality products to customers.
- Drive continuous improvement in QA and Applications.
- Ensure the integrity of the product technology, including interfacing with the formula owner as well as driving for technical improvements throughout the production process.
- Serve as the primary interface for manufacturing operations and account representatives on technical issues at the customer’s site pertaining to products manufactured in Windsor.
- Promote efficiency, process integrity, and product reliability in the interest of customer satisfaction and site performance. Interact with customers and other business unit functions.
- Coordinate the product adjustment process and product approval process for Quality Assurance.
- Direct the work of the hourly laboratory, chemist, sprayers, adjusters, tinters, and localization employees in meeting the objective of a safe, efficient, and timely quality production in an environment of changing customer demands.
- Educate employees on safety, waste minimization, and commitment to excellence.
- Serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You… Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Degree in Chemistry and/or Chemical Engineering combined with at least 10 years of experience within the chemical batch manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of Product Development, Quality Systems, Applications Systems, Manufacturing Systems, Color Matching Processes, and Quality Assurance test methods.
- Proven successful managerial skills including a demonstrated ability to organize, plan, and develop resources. Ability to respond to change and work within stressful situations.
- Results-driven and able to hold others accountable and meet necessary deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills supportive of safety, team concepts, development, change, and effective account and customer interface. Effective communicative abilities, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to utilize and learn new software packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO14001 and ISO/TS16949 standards and related modules.
Job Segment: Manager, Management