Data Scientist Project Manager Industry 4.0 and Digitalization (m/f)
Job Field: Engineering
Location: Schwarzheide, DE
Company: BASF Schwarzheide GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56171070_DIGI4_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF´s Schwarzheide site is situated in the Lausitz region between Berlin, the lively capital, and the cultural heritage of Dresden. Join BASF at Schwarzheide and experience the advantages of working for a regional company with the opportunities of a Global Player.
Learn more about BASF Schwarzheide GmbH at http://on.basf.com/SchwarzheideEN
What you can expect
Our interdisciplinary team "digitalization" drives forward the digital transformation of one of our largest production sites. We apply modern methods from applied mathematics, data science, informatics and automation, particularly machine learning, big data analytics, data mining and model-based simulation and optimization.
- You develop innovative digital solutions together with experts from various fields.
- You work in projects in production, supply, disposal or logistics and cooperate with the local plant staff as well as with internal and external partners.
- The focus areas of your work can be adjusted to your capabilities and preferences. Examples are process optimization, energy and raw material forecasts for the local power plant, soft sensors and other real-time predictions.
- Further topics are condition monitoring of processes and components, predictive maintenance, assistance/expert systems and supply chain optimization.
What we expect
- We are looking for candidates that enjoy working with data and mathematical/statistical models and have profound experience in these fields.
- You have a master and preferably a PhD in the area of applied mathematics, statistics, natural sciences, informatics, engineering or similar.
- You know well the latest digital trends and are willing to familiarize yourself quickly and autonomously with new topics.
- With your open-minded and enthusiastic spirit, you contribute to the team in a result-oriented manner and communicate fluently in German and English.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: