Coatings Young Professionals China (m/f) - Technical Management - Rotational program
Job Field: Engineering
Location: Münster, DE
Company: BASF Coatings GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN55490709_ONLE_4
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF has been a committed partner to Greater China since 1885. With major investments in Nanjing, Shanghai and Chongqing, BASF is one of the largest foreign investors in the Chinese chemical industry, and maintains the BASF Asia Pacific Innovation Campus in Shanghai as a research and development hub for the Asia Pacific region.
What you can expect
Are you interested in developing your career in Asia? Are you looking for challenging projects on an international level? Coatings Young Professionals program offers you an opportunity to prove your capabilities and to gain intercultural experience to fully prepare you for interesting career opportunities within the company in Asia.
- During the first 12 months on-the-job training in China, you will get an overview about the BASF Coatings' products and processes and be integrated quickly into the BASF family.
- Afterwards, the 12 months overseas training will offer you the chance to familiarize with the variety of our worldwide company operations and to prepare yourself for your future assignment at BASF in China.
- Additionally, you will have the possibility to be well connected within the global organization, thanks to a wide range of networking events and ongoing support from your personal guide and mentor.
- After your training, you will be ready to demonstrate our new technology and products to customers acting as an interface between customers and our lab.
- You will be in charge of providing efficient technical solutions for our coating products to meet the customer's requirements in time.
- You will be responsible of coordinating both internal and external technical projects within your assigned account.
What we expect
- We are looking for motivated trainees who will work in a challenging environment and continually develop the company through their commitment.
- You have an overseas above-average Master's degree in a chemical-related subject, or equivalent overseas experience.
- In addition to your strong communication skills in Chinese and English, your German skills will be considered as a plus.
- You show great management/leadership potential, have a high intercultural orientation and you are aware of topics regarding safety, health and the environment.
- You have advanced experience with Windows and MS Office packages.
From the very first day, Connect Asia will support your further professional development as a specialist or manager with excellent career opportunities in an international company. You will have the opportunity to learn about your own skills and to grow personally as well as gain international working experience through a rotation abroad. Expect on-going support from your personal mentor from management as well as regular feedback meetings throughout the program. For your professional and personal development we offer comprehensive training modules to prepare you for every challenge ahead. Your employment will be based on a local working contract with BASF in China.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.