Development Engineer Simulation (m/f)
Job Field: Engineering
Location: Ludwigshafen, DE
Company: BASF SE
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56483464_ONLE_2
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
What you can expect
Our Simulation Engineering unit develops and evaluates component concepts for product development on a virtual basis. The tasks involved range from selecting suitable materials to virtual prototypes and finished series-produced components.
- You will use state-of-the-art simulation methods to work within our simulation team on the development and optimization of components made of technical plastics. In the process, you will utilize explicit and implicit methods of nonlinear analysis.
- In addition, you will participate in work to develop simulation methods for calculations relating to fiber-reinforced components.
- New technologies, such as 3D printing, will also be part of your activities.
- In addition, you will act as the point of contact for both internal and external contact persons on issues of design, construction and processing technology.
- In this exciting and varied position covering both theory and practice, you will support colleagues at sites around the world and work closely with our international customers.
What we expect
- You have a degree in engineering, computer science or physics and have ideally gone on to gain several years of professional and project experience.
- You have already developed solid skills and knowledge in the area of nonlinear continuum mechanics and, ideally, in the implementation of material models.
- You also have skills in the C and C++ programming languages.
- It is easy for you to identify the needs and requirements of customers and partners and provide them with optimum advice in German and English.
- In addition, you identify trends and take new approaches in order to develop creative solutions together.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community: