Accountant for Freight Accounting (m/f)
Job Field: Finance & Accounting
Location: Berlin, DE
Company: BASF Services Europe GmbH
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: EN56702736_ONLE_1
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We connect and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us, without regard to gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Located in the heart of Berlin, BASF Services Europe brings together an international team of around 1,300 colleagues, with over 50 different nationalities, working in our Finance, Controlling, HR and Procurement departments. The performance and expertise of over 200 of our BASF companies in the whole of Europe are collected together in our BASF Shared Service Center.
Learn more about BASF Services Europe GmbH at http://on.basf.com/ServicesEuropeEN
What you can expect
Join our Accounts Payable team and help us to ensure a professional invoice management in the freight segment for our customers.
- You handle calculation and clarification for complex matters, serve key customers and act as the point of contact within your team for all entities involved in the process, including dunning, taxes and export certificates.
- You ensure efficient communications and transfer of knowledge within the team and the unit and with the BASF units involved in the freight process, such as logistics, purchasing and supply chain.
- Improving financial processes and being involved in process automation, e.g. in electronic receipt of freight invoices, are parts of your tasks.
- You work in SAP TM, SD, FI/CO and MM, use MS Office and provide subject-specific support for IT projects.
What we expect
- You have completed a formal vocational training program to become a certified management assistant in freight forwarding or hold a degree in business and economics with a focus on logistics.
- You are interested in accounting and ideally gained first work experience in the finance department of a freight company.
- You speak very good English and either French or Spanish and apply these language skills productively in our international teams.
- We offer you the possibility to get to know the biggest BASF-site in Germany by participating in internal projects with our headquarter in Ludwigshafen.
- Please state your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations in your application letter.
In our Berlin office, you will be given the opportunity to shape your own personal development, while making a profound impact on our European services. Receiving on-the-job training through our "Buddy System", you will be able to benefit from flexible working hours. As part of our dynamic team, you have the chance to engage and experience diversity & inclusion on a daily basis as well as contribute your ideas to the worldwide BASF network.
Join the best team with more than 110,000 other minds to connect with globally. Explore your BASF career options at on.basf.com/mycareer.